Sunday, December 27, 2009

Just a little "LOVE"








Christmas Eve, I craved my sewing machine. Can you believe that? After the long hours sitting at it trying to fill orders for Christmas, I actually wanted to sew on my day off. Only not something that I had already made. I wanted something NEW! I also wanted to use that lovely stack of Amy Butler that just came in.
I wanted so badly to join in the scarf along over at Joys' Hope, but just couldn't fit it into my schedule. I decided that even though I was late, I was still going to make one. So I did, only I made the Cookie Monday's version with a little patchwork twist on the back. I really think it gave it that extra ZING....
I "LOVE" how it turned out. I think more of these are in my future.
Hope everyone had a great Christmas, and is ready to welcome in the new year.
**This scarf was gifted to a dear friend just in time for Christmas.**



For reference since I didn't exactly use the pattern given by Cookie Mondays. Here are the dimensions I used.

Strips 1.75" x WOF sew 5 together.
After you have a strip approx. 6.5" x WOF
Cut into 6.5 x 6.5 inch blocks then arrange them in opposite directions.
Use as many blocks as you need for desired length.
For the patchwork I didn't use a specific measurement I just used the leftovers from my strips that did not quite make a 6.5 inch block then centered it on the flannel for the backing.

Please feel free to ask any questions if you would like to make one.

10 comments:

  1. Well done! What a fun scarf! How long did it take you to make? Looks fairly quick?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I "love" it as well! I only have a few of the fabrics from that line. I may need to add some more...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That scarf is super fabulous! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So bright and cheerful, and with the flannel backing...very cozy! Nice job!

    MGM

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice. I did some for my granddaughters for Christmas and they were such a hit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks great Terri! I { LOVE } it! wink, wink :)

    XO, Heather

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE the scarf.

    And, I UNDERSTAND about wanting to "just sew".

    I'm right there with you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautiful! I love the fabric.

    Xoxoxxx Ree

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I appreciate that you took a minute to read my post.
Please share what you thought about it with a comment.