Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Pillow Swap peak :: Inspiration


Thank you to everyone who approved the colors in my last post. Now on to design! I am officially going to attempt the Cathedral window pattern. Not only am I going to attempt this for the first time, but I am going to use a linen instead of a Kona for my main fabric. Talk about preparing myself for a little frustration.

So picture this::

a cathedral window done with natural linen and accented with bright oranges and aqua's!

Sounds dreamy huh!

I hope I can do it. I found a super tutorial that makes it SEW easy to sew along with, so I think this will be a good thing. I will share with you all very very soon.

7 comments:

  1. I'm going to attempt one too (not with linen though -- I'm not THAT courageous). I'm playing along with Heather. Good luck! Can't wait to see yours.

    joan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terri... I'm only a phone call away and a 20 minute drive!!! LOL

    Seriously... YOU can do it!!

    XO, Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yeah! That would be totally awesome! Don't forget to share!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linen? You know, that make actually work out really well because of the weave. It will be gorgeous! I have a Cathedral window pattern on my cutting table to attempt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very brave of you! I'm sure it will be great. Your colors look beautiful, I can't wait to see it finished!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh dreamy is the word!! Have fun, take your time, it will be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait to see it! The fabric sounds fabulous, and Cathedral Window is such a lovely pattern!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I appreciate that you took a minute to read my post.
Please share what you thought about it with a comment.