Well, I attempted the Cathedral Window today. I wanted to practice a bit while I was still waiting on my linen to arrive. Although the tutorial I found is super easy to follow along, I do have a few pointers.
Practice, Practice!! I am glad that I decided to use up some scraps an white Kona to practice first. It quickly became evident that matching points and seams, is very important to the process. I also pulled this off in a hour with a toddler pulling at my pant leg so I think it came out good for that reason alone.
I stopped with one block after I realized the wonky-ness of my square was really not what I was looking for.
I decided to go with Heathers version and make them larger blocks then the tutorial I had found. So I started with a 15x15 inch block of Kona. I think I will also try the smaller version next to see how that comes out for me.
Quilters don't be scared of this really. Take a gander over to see the tutorial here. It really is simple, and this tutorial is fantastic as to not add any unnecessary steps to confuse you. It's very simple and to the point. Even I did it.
Although this block will never get a chance to be in a quilt. Sophia's little pig Arnold just fancies it as a little blanket.