Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Moustache Mug rug - Tutorial


I must have had way to much time on my hands today, cause I got this crazy idea to give my coffee a mustache this morning. I thought you all might like to know how I did it. This should make for a good time and a few laughs along the way.



Here is what you need::

Glue Stick
Pen
cardboard
iron on heat n bond
Fabric 8th's in your choice. Scraps should work too.
Templates (see below)

Pick your perfect moustache!
Click on the images to enlarge them.
I found these templates on google with a quick moustache search.









Cut out your desired Stache!
using the glue stick adhere the paper moustache to a piece of cardboard .
Now cut out the moustache from the cardboard.
This will be the template you use to trace your moustache.
Following the direction of the heat and bond iron a piece of fusible iron on heat and bond to the wrong side of your desired fabric.
Now on the back side of the fabric where the white shows, trace the moustache onto the fusible.

Now cut out the moustache and remove the paper backing from the heat and bond.
This mug rug can be any size you wish, but mine is approximately 10x8.



 sandwich just like a quilt, and them quilt around the moustache being careful not to run over it. I used a light thread on top and black in the bobbin to match perfectly. After the rug is quilted, take a straight stitch in thread that matches your moustache, ans sew along the edge of the piece.

Now bind and finish... Violla~



Cookie Stache :)


 Wine Stache!


You can make any kind of moustache you want. Now when you reach for your coffee, it will never be a bad day. These are sure to give you a giggle.

If you make one I would love to see it! feel free to post it in the Sew-Fantastic Flickr Group
Happy Sewing!

17 comments:

  1. This is the best thing ever!! I am definitely going to make some of these. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm for sure making some of these! You're awesome! Thanks for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My boys are going to LOVE these! We gave them fake mustaches for Christmas and they wore them everywhere (they are 6, 8, & 11). We all wore them to Skype their grandparents ;) These mug rugs are going to be a HUGE hit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my husband so needs one of these!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bwahahaha! That's fantastic! Now I know what I'm going to make my friends for Christmas... hehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am making one of these today for my daughter! She will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hilarious and so much fun! Gotta do this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. SO, I am looking through Pinterest and I see your mug rug that you posted to IG!!! I thought to myself, I know who made that!! :)))

    xxoo,
    Liberty

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so cute I just had to make one. My plan was to post a picture of it but I guess I don't know how to do it since it won't let me paste the picture in this comment. If you would like to see it, perhaps I could email it to you. I hope it will send this with my email but I'm not sure. If it doesn't and you would like to see the picture, put a reply on here and I will check back in a few days. Can you tell, I don't know much about this stuff????

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I appreciate that you took a minute to read my post.
Please share what you thought about it with a comment.