I am so happy to finally have this quilt finished.
After starting with a new idea of what I wanted three times, I finally decided that the paper piecing was what I wanted all along. Question is, was there enough time to complete it for our guild meeting.
Late nights and long hours paid off getting this finished just in time for our BMQG guild reveal yesterday.
Fabric challenge was to use the habitat fabric from free Spirit, Designed by Jay McCaroll. We were only to add solids to this project to in turn make the prints pop! It was really cool to see all the different interpretations of the same line of fabric.
I used a paper piecing technique (time consuming, but worth it) Broke up the blocks with lots of gray, and even after many crazy ideas of adding HST's and more detail. I ended up deciding that I liked simple best.
Quilt measures 46"x60"
Fabric - Habitat by Jay McCaroll
Robert Kaufman Kona solids in Med Gray, Petal, black, sage, pomegranate, Mint, and more (used lots of random scraps)
Quilting pattern was made with my domestic machine, by mimicking the already formed star in the centers and making a template to produce the same pattern along the borders.
Sophie has already claimed this one :)