Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Zip clip it.. and done!






Calling all Quilters... Have you seen this yet?
I have officially tossed my binding clip barettes and traded them in for this new zip it gadget that I was introduced to at our Modern Quilt Guild meeting. We hold our meetings at this most fabulous shop called "Strawberry Patches". Insane ammounts of fabric, floor to ceiling, no joke!

This fancy smancy gadget is call the Zip Clip. The metal clasps load into the back of the gadget, and  clamp onto the quilt (very strongly I might add. As you sew, simply remove the clamp and reload it into the back of the zip it clip for another area.
The coolest part about this is even though I hand sew my binding, it helped me keep it even and straight without second guessing every move.

This is about 10 bucks I got mine here Strawberry Patch you can probly call her and she'll ship you one (she is cool like that :)


Happy Sewing!


10 comments:

  1. hmmm...that does look like an interesting gadget. I may have to look into that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow - that is so cool! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep I saw a video the other day on one and they also have something called Minute Miter to get your corners perfect every time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oohh neato spedito! I haven't seen one of these yet! Looks like it really does the job - will have to look for one now! Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks awesome!!!!! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  6. that is a fancy little gadget. i always just use straight pins a little beyond where i am working....so i see how this could be really helpful

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting ....thanks for telling us about it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I used mine on the last twin sized quilt I bound, and I loved the clips! No more thread getting hung up on pins and/or hair clips!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great idea. People send me documents at work using those clips all the time and I just chuck them in a little box - I must have hundreds now!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I use one of those at work all the time - would never have thought to use it to help bind a quilt. I love it instead of bull-dog clips on thik documents at work and even like using those clips more than paperclips or staples!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I appreciate that you took a minute to read my post.
Please share what you thought about it with a comment.