Saturday, September 25, 2010

Sunday Stash :: Crushing


It's not a secret anymore.... Quilters all over are crushing hard for Anna Marie Horner's new line "Innocent Crush" Her eclectic Bohemian style never disappoints. This line was due out in November, but to my surprise Hawthorne Threads had it arrive early, and lots of it. See why they are my favorite. After receiving my package I am seriously in love and am pondering covering my sewing room walls with this gorgeous fabric.

For those of you who have been waiting to see if the board idea worked for smaller cuts, here is the info I figured out. I cut the boards along the 10.5 longer side of the board. Making two pieces measuring 5.25 x 6.75.


For Fat Quarters:: I folded the short side 18" in half, then in half again. Then I wrapped the FQ around the board and pinned. This left a  view of the board on the top an bottom of the fabric.

For Half yards :: I folded the seam to the middle then met the selvage to the middle make it folded in thirds. Then I wrapped it the same way as the yard cuts with a little hanging over the top of the board. This makes it easy to know what cuts are half yards, and what are FQ's.


Sorry about the messiness, I did try to hurry and plan on re-folding these a little better, but I think you can see the idea.


Have you tried this yet?

HAPPY SEWING!

13 comments:

  1. I've been using my boards and love them! They fit in my deeper drawers much better than the way I had them folded before! I just ordered another pack so I may try and do this for the smaller pieces if I have any leftover.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I might try this. I need to pull out my machine next week and sew something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got my package of Innocent Crush fabrics from Hawthorne Threads today! They really are the most gorgeous prints yet! I love the designs and the colors. Can't wait to dive in to the new treasures. I have to admit I'm lazy about storing my fabrics, so I admire your neatness!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh...you are just making it way to easy for a fabric burglar to come and whisk your fabric away...at least that is what I will be doing in my dreams...just love love love the fabrics, the boards.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those fabrics look anything but Innocent!!!! absolutely gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Innocent Crush and I love your fabric all organized on your boards. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. your fabric looks great all nice and neatly organised!! Yes im in love with AMH fabric...waiting on my bundle to arrive. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What gorgeous fabric! Now I must have some.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The fabric is just incredible! I love bright fabrics like that!
    Micki

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am getting my boards today! I cant wait to organize this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I got my boards yesterday and started organizing my stash. This is such a good idea!! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so much for posting this!! I've been in stash overload for months--my closet literally runneth over--and this is a great solution to at least be able to see what's in there!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just organized all of my fabrics and they look fabulous! How fun - it feels like I am shopping in my own little quilt shop! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I appreciate that you took a minute to read my post.
Please share what you thought about it with a comment.