Last year at the Sewing Summit I had the chance to meet some amazing ladies from Craftsy. I even sat down with them as they explained the site to me and how it could launch my desire for releasing my own patterns. Since then I have taken many classes, bought a few patterns and have truly enjoyed this amazing website.
Now here is the perfect chance to check it out for yourself. I am giving away Tara's new craftsy class "Quilt as you go, Patchwork bags"
Learn the theory behind the quilt-as-you-go technique by working your way through a charming potholder before creating the “Tinker” patchwork bag from blocks you create on the fly. Tara shows you how to use scraps from your stash to build out from a single square using a freehanded approach that celebrates the uniqueness of each quilted bag. Whether you prefer straight-line or free-motion quilting, your extemporaneous blocks will blossom as your bag comes to life. Add a simple pocket or follow Tara’s instruction for a painless hidden zipper pocket. Learn how to add material to the bottom of your bag for extra durability and box corners for extra stability. Finish off your quilted bag with a magnetic closure and eye-catching bias binding. Or hand-sew an invisible binding for extra sophistication.
What You'll Learn
- How to make a log cabin potholder using the quilt-as-you-go technique
- How to make a straight-line or free-motion patchwork “Tinker” tote bag from the included pattern
- How to construct a leather-bottomed bag
- How to add a simple, divided or zippered pocket
- How to attach a magnetic bag flap
- How to sew box corners to add a wide bottom to your bag
- How to assemble the lining and outer shell of the bag
- How to place a beautiful accent binding or invisible binding
What You'll Make
- A stunning tote bag made in the quilt-as-you-go technique
- A log cabin potholder that will make a great gift
Here is how you can enter to win this class....
follow this link - CRAFTSY GIVEAWAY!
Sign up for your free craftsy account using your name and email. Or sign up using facebook.
This will create your free craftsy account.
If you already have a craftsy account use your current account to sign in.
If you have trouble seeing the page, try using firefox instead.
One entry per person
I will choose a winner on Monday June 17th.
Good luck everyone and have fun with the site!
Leave a comment here and tell me what you thought of the site.