Monday, January 2, 2012

All you need is LOVE!


Can you believe it! I am so on a roll for 2012! Ever since I saw the alphabet pattern that Kelly designed, I knew I had to make some wordy goodies. What better way then to kick off the new year with my very first mini quilt. That's right, my first one. I have made about 3 mug rugs in my day and larger quilts, but never a mini.

There was much excitement for me as I finished this entire quilt in one day. (Check out my inspiration from Kelly here. Not only that, but I pieced another entire quilt top after I was finished as well. (I will be sharing that one shortly.)

This quilt makes me feel like I will get way more accomplished this year, then ever before.







Paper pieced letters can be purchased here in Kelly's etsy shop

Fabric :: Kona solid scraps
Main Fabric Kona Snow
Binding :: Moda Crossweave in bright pink
Quilt measures approx. 20.5 x 17"
(sorry about the photo's, I hope to fix my camera settings soon)

What words would you make??

Happy Sewing!


12 comments:

  1. Very cool, love the variation of solids you used and the quilting

    ReplyDelete
  2. eeek! I ADORE you mini!!! So pretty, girly, and modern! The quilting totally makes it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just LOVE it!! It´s so cool and the colors are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous, Terri! Can't wait to see what the rest of 2012 brings :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! I love quilts with words and I'm hoping to make at least one this year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh you did good there! Love it too x

    ReplyDelete
  7. so super excellent! LOVE the love.

    ReplyDelete
  8. great work on your love quilt

    ReplyDelete
  9. I saw the image of this "Love Quilt" online and traced it back to you. I absolutely adore it and just discovered that you posted this blog on the day my daughter was born. It feels fated to shyly ask if you're planning on selling it?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I appreciate that you took a minute to read my post.
Please share what you thought about it with a comment.