Thursday, February 10, 2011

{A little Progress} FMF Flower Garden Quilt...


A few months ago I shared this lovely little number with you all. After being a little overwhelmed and frustrated that it wasn't looking right I decided to make it a flower garden quilt and break up the prints with some solid kona snow.

I am happy to report, that even though this has been a slow going project, I am still in love with it and look forward to finishing it up this year. Right now it measures about a square yard. (3ft x3 ft)  I have already pulled the paper pieces from the middle, and love the way it flows. This is the most hand sewing I have done in a very long time.


If I was to start over I probably would have kept the flowers in the same colorways, but I still love it the way I ended up doing it as well. Even the back is pretty to me .



I am happy to be back blogging, we had my sister and her family in town for a visit this week and it was much fun letting Sophie play with her two little cousins. The coolest part is one is a week younger then her. They all got along wonderfully as usual. Her oldest cousin was a blessing helping us with teaching Sophie to use the big potty, I am happy to report we are officially potty trained!


WISHING EVERYONE A GREAT WEEK!


15 comments:

  1. Looks awesome! I love the fabrics you chose and like the flower garden look! I am really scared to try hexies/paper piecing, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful pictures and hooray for big girl panties!

    Love the FMF and hexies. The picture of you and Sophie at the top!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You hand sewed everything? That's amazing! I'd like to start a quilt just like that but I'm not sure if I have the patience! You did a fantastic job! It's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What cuties you have there....love your flower garden!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Drooling over all the FMF...so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is going to be a serious treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  7. lOVE the GFG!! makes me want to start stiching up more right NOW! hehe...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have to make one of those, yours looks great, it's on my list!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love,love that hexie quilt top!! Thank you for your quick package sending skillz too BTW. LOVE the card you sent with it!!!3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your quilt progress. Yummy fabrics!
    and those little ones are just too swet!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your flower garden is so pretty - I love the randomness of the prints in each flower. I'll see my sister and her family in March (we live 5000 km apart) and your post has me feeling so much more excited that my daughter will be with her two girl cousins for 9 whole days. They'll have a ball! Thanks for sharing that sweet photo.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That quilt is gorgeous! I love the mix of fabrics. I can't wait to see how you make hexies.

    And those girls are just too cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your flowers~ so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amazing quilt - love the fabrics with the circles - keep with it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh your quilt top is amazing. I so love hexies and in FMF....dreamy. I would love a quilt like that..ahhhh.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I appreciate that you took a minute to read my post.
Please share what you thought about it with a comment.