Friday, February 18, 2011

{ Blessed } That's an understatement

Tomorrow is a new journey for me. After leaving my friends and family in the Vancouver/Portland area, I felt like a small collapse in my life. The first few months were hard to get by, missing my friends on a daily basis and wishing if I could only just attend a single guild meeting, I would be good for a moment.

Although I still miss my beloved friends, that moment has surpassed me; just now! This moment, as I think about all the things I have accomplished just since being here in Bakersfield. The new found respect I have for people as well as myself for that matter.

Tomorrow starts a new chapter, our first official guild meeting! We have met the locals, held a meet and greet and after much hard work, and the help of our local quilt shops, as well as a few online friends like Meg and Jen. We have done it! My email is exploding with people here in Bakersfield excited about our group, excited about meeting us, and excited about modern quilting. Some emails that were received tonight just by some locals that I have never met, have brought me to tears (with Joy of course) It's truly is amazing how quilting can bring a community together. I am so proud to be a part of this, and I think God brought me here for a reason. Some days I may not understand that reason, but I know it was well thought out before I got here.

Happy Sewing  My Friends

19 comments:

  1. you're such an inspiration! I am so glad to hear you've found a "place"...I agree that quilting & sewing can do that for people.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very much an inspiration in my life. I did the same thing moved from Bris to Vancouver. *hugs* I didn't survive like you are. Thank you so so so much for being an inspiration! You have become a mentor for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's fantastic news! I'm thrilled you found a real place for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you found a place too, and that it is here with us!! We've been rolling Kona fat quarters and bundling hexagons all week in preparation for MQG meeting at Strawberry Patches on Saturday. I even get to come too! Can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awe. This is so cool. Glad you got to do this and best of luck with your guild and new friends.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is awesome, I am happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an awesome thing community is! And a community fellowshipping around a common and way cool think like quilting has to be the best!

    Hang in there. It only gets better from here!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so happy for you darling! Thanks for sharing. I just love the community that comes along with sewing. It is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so glad you're here and started BMQG! I wish it had been around when I moved to Bako. It took a long time for me to find my place. It's so nice to finally connect with other women who enjoy quilting and sewing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wish you would have moved to Fresno instead of Bakersfield. So close....I should probably thinking about attending your BMQG there! But I'm excited to finally meet in person next month!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations!!! It is so powerful to be a part of starting something, especially when that something is to bring like-minded women together for a purpose. I look forward to photos and hearing all about the fun and new friends. Best of luck! Yay you!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Enjoy every minute of your first meeting Terri!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aw...I just saw this, Terri. You are doing a super job. Thanks for all your hard work, and I think the meeting was a great success!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The meeting was awesome! So much chatter, laughing, and sewing hexies! I think there were 23 women there today, and I know there will be more in the coming months. I appreciate all of you and the work you are doing to get this going here!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes, the meeting was absolutely AWESOME! I felt like I belonged instead of feeling like the outsider. Terri thank you, thank you for bringing this wonderful modern quilting movement to Bakersfield. Sarah, thank you for letting us paw your Flea Market Fancy hexagons. After giving up on hexagons many times before, I finally get how to stitch them together. I have quite a pile of hexies now. Again, thanks for an fabulous meeting.
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sooooo glad you're here in Bakersfield! The meeting was fun and so many new faces eager to embrace something new! I really enjoyed making those hexies! I have to get Suzanne at Strawberry Patches to order some more! I expect there will be many more eager to be involved in the modern quilt movement!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think Bako is Blessed! It was so fun spending the day with all of you girls at our sew-in and without your efforts, Terri, BMQG would not have come to being and we wouldn't have had a chance to meet and laugh and share. The exciting part is knowing that the best is yet to come. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am so excited for you sweetie! I do miss you dearly, but I am so happy for you to find some wonderful peeps to hang out with... but you have to come back to us - at least sometimes, okay? Love and kisses to you!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I appreciate that you took a minute to read my post.
Please share what you thought about it with a comment.