Friday, September 17, 2010

Reading Chair Quilt


Can you believe it... I am actually working on another quilt. I feel like quilting has taken the back burner for far to long. Something I miss most and my favorite part about quilting is the piecing and construction of the quilt. It amazes me how so many small pieces can turn out to be so beautiful.



We had a trip to Target the other day after Grandma Harlan gave Sophie this cool set of Bunk beds. It was a piece of furniture that had already been in the family for years.
Sophie picked out Purple and Aqua for her room, which totally does not go with what I had planned, but it's ok it's her room.
(I apologize for the photo's the sun was crazy bright today there was no getting around it)


I decided to make her a quilt for her little reading chair to compliment her new love for purple and Aqua. After finding an unused charm pack I had laying around, I mixed in some Kona; added some sashing; and viola a quilt. I am still piecing the back but I promise to show it off when it's all finished. I finally just stopped by the Hancock's sale with 53% off warm and white batting (booyah!)


I am also working on a lil something for Christmas that I cannot share yet, but stay tuned....

13 comments:

  1. Ahhh, every time I see a quilt that I love, I see another that I love even more! This is top of the list! Wonderful color combination! Can you tell me who the designer is of the white background with black/aqua/purple or pink flowers?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous colors on that quilt!! It's going to look fabulous in that room

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sew pretty. Love the white sashing and borders with your colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree: sew pretty! I just love all the fabric in that line! Sophie is a cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Soooo pretty! and christmas is a coming and we all need to take heed! Time to get busy :) Love the reading quilt and your little DD is going to love it too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute quilt! I love that fabric line ~ got it in the gold/grey/black colorway and have been pondering how to use it. Your cutie-pie will surely grow to love sitting in her reading chair all cozied up in this quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute quilt! It makes the aqua and purple look fantastic together, don't you love when kiddos start to get their own opinions on these things?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the purple and aqua- she chose well! She looks so cute there on her big bed too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's such a cute quilt!
    Micki

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that Quilt! I can't Wait to see what is in the works for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I appreciate that you took a minute to read my post.
Please share what you thought about it with a comment.