Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Success!! After all that


So after the pain and anguish I went through for weeks, making block after block, falling in love all over again with each one. Then at the end,...... DISASTER!

This Pillow swap has defintly been challenging for me just trying to fit it in my schedule, and then this!!!

The linen idea did kick my butt a little. I have not given up though mind you, I have just put it aside until my frustration goes away. Sometimes you just have to do that you know.

So I kept everything else the exact same, only changing the linen to a Kona cotton in Ash Gray.

Since this pillow swap was on a time crunch it was crucial that I figured out something quick. I also had a last minute decision to add some buttons to the pillow for a little pizzazz. I liked how it turned out, and even in all my randomness the pillow still seemed a little planned out.

I hope to run to the store for another piece of Kona to add to the back and then put it in the mail that same day.
Wish me Luck, that it all works out!

THE BIG REVEAL!!!



27 comments:

  1. Your pillow looks amazing! I like the addition of the buttons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful! I had a pattern on how to make a needle case like that but ended up giving it to a good friend of mine. I need to get myself another copy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is so pretty I could cry. then come over and steal it. because I could think of 162 places in my house that it would live happily in. Nicely done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my... this is so beautiful. I'm sure your swapee is going to be beside herself with glee :) K

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, this is awesome and the buttons are like little cherries on top of a hot, fudge sundae!

    Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That pillow is just too gorgeous! I love it and the buttons are the perfect embellishment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your cathedral windows pillow.
    I make them all the time and have considered adding buttons but never did it. I like the way yours turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice! I like the kona color and your windows are great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think the buttons are a great touch Terri!! I can't wait to see what you'll do for round 3!! :)

    XO, Heather

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks amazing, I also love the buttons, well worth all the work that went into its making!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think it is awesome. Love the color combination, especially with the Ash. And the buttons--fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. We’d love to feature an original creation from your site on our blog www.sewittome.blogspot.com.

    But first we need your permission!

    We post sewing creations almost every day, but we also have fun themed days. Visit our blog to view the list in our sidebar.

    If you have an idea of which creation(s) you would like us to feature, please let us know.

    We are looking forward to hearing back from you and we are on pins and needles until then:)

    Vanessa & Eva
    Sew It To Me Duo
    http://sewittome.blogspot.com
    sewittome@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. You did a beautiful job! I love the Kona you chose. I need to get busy buying some grey Kona's.

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW! I'm usually not a lover of the color orange but but but.... this pillow is GORGEOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous--both front and back!

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG!!!! Your Cathedral Window pillow is absolutely gorgeous.....I love it...can you tell. I am afraid to even try to start a quilt but a pillow....you've given me something to think about!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Woo Hoo....clapping....clapping...
    I'm so impressed and glad to see that you perservered! Great pillow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Absolutely Stunning you have so inspired me to try this pattern.
    Your work is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  19. It's absolutely GORGEOUS!!! I believe your giftee will love it. I know I would. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. So beautiful. Now I need one .. another project to add to my never ending list of things to make!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I appreciate that you took a minute to read my post.
Please share what you thought about it with a comment.