Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Wednesday's Featured Crafter Segment.

Featured Crafter :: Linda Bylsma from Fiber Fabrications
Fleece on Earth, Good Wool to Men.


We had the chance to pick the brain of Linda Bylsma, of alpacalady.etsy.com . Linda is a 59 year old Alpaca breeder in Nooksack Washington. After 30 years in the corporate world, Linda retired and now has a great life on her farm. "Now I have the chance to do all the things I ever wanted", she says. "sewing, quilting, spinning, dying fibers, weaving, gardening, floral, and much much more".
Linda runs a beautiful Etsy shop with all her handmade loveliness. You can purchase her wonderful items here.

http://fiberfabrications.blogspot.com/

http://www.lostriveralpacas.blogspot.com/

http://www.lostriveralpacas.com/


(Q) How would you Explain your type of art Linda?
(A) Fiber Fabrications! I do anything that involves fiber, be it fabric and quilting or sewing, yarn, or raw fiber from my alpacas.

(Q) What Inspires you to have new ideas or designs?
(A) I seem to see inspiration everywhere I go. Nature is the most inspirational to me, but also a row of tractor wheels, or a box of nuts and bolts. I don't use patterns, such as for quilts. I might pick up an idea, but then branch from there doing it my own way

(Q) What makes your Art stand out from others?
(A) I design with texture and color. Solid colors bore me. I let the yarns and fabrics speak for themselves.


(Q) What does the word "HANDMADE" mean to you as a crafter?
(A) A gift from the soul. Something with thought, and love put into it, with every detail.


Thank you Linda for Interviewing with our readers here at Sew-fantastic. If you would like to learn more about Linda and what she is all about, visit one of her links at the top of the page.

If you would like to be featured in a featured Crafter Interview please email me at Terriharlan@rocketmail.com for details.


4 comments:

  1. Linda is a very talented and kind individual and I have been happy to have her as a blogging buddy for awhile now. GOOD choice to interview her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Imagine my surprise when I logged in and saw my own picture staring back at me on my reader list!! Thank you so much, Terri, for such a nice feature.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful thing to do after retiring! However, she is not quite retired, just living her life to the fullest, doing what she love! That is the best thing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linda is really interesting - and her alpacas are just beautiful. I'm proud to say she is one of my blog friends...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I appreciate that you took a minute to read my post.
Please share what you thought about it with a comment.