Thursday, January 29, 2009

Snails Trails

Well I have had this Katie Jump Rope fabric for awhile, and I actually even started cutting out the shapes for the start of a new quilt. However that was weeks ago. I really love all the browns mixed with aqua in this set I just had to do something with it. I originally wanted to add some yellow, then pink, then I decided to stick with the brown and blue. I am going to add the Katie jump rope ribbon aqua blue for the binding, and I think that will make it pop real nicely. Kinda plain I know but perfect start to get me motivated to start quilting again. I pulled my semi- travel supplies to the kitchen table so I could watch Sophia playing while I finished cutting. I even finished my sample block to see how it would look. I really liked it amazingly.
The pattern is called Snails Trails or Monkey Wrench same thing. Not a very complicated pattern but somewhat time consuming compared to the simple squares I was going to use. The idea is to separate the light colored background and the dark colors, to get the obvious pattern. Only not so obvious if that makes sense. I think when its all finished it might look pretty cool. I guess we will see. I will keep ya updated on how it's coming along. Any suggestions would be welcomed.

Here is the complete sample it's a large 12x12 block. Finished size






1 comment:

  1. Wow - I love this!

    I especially like how you used all fabrics of the same brown and blue color tones from the Katie Jump Rope line. The light and dark fabrics kind-of blend together right now in the one block ("obvious but not so obvious," as you said!), but it'll be cool to see which fabrics (lights or darks) pop out when you put a whole bunch of blocks together for the quilt top.

    I added this as a sample of the Snail Trail block on Quiltivate.com. Thanks for sharing your work! I can't wait to see how the final quilt turns out!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I appreciate that you took a minute to read my post.
Please share what you thought about it with a comment.